INNOVATIVE ACTIVITIES OF the COMPANY
There is a tendency, in the world, to decrease cost of power from RES and simultaneously increase cost of power produced by traditional sources taking into account constantly growing prices for fuel.
Innovative activities in RES area
IN A WHOLE, FOR EFFICIENT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES (RES) POTENTIAL THE FOLLOWING IS NECESSARY:
- Improvement of legislation on support of RES;
- Establishment of Competent Body for purpose of determination of need in RES; Establishment of Kazakhstan Intel-lectual Power System (further KIPS).
ESTABLISHMENT OF HIGHLY EFFICIENT AND TECHNOLOGIC INTELLECTUAL POWER PLANT WILL ALLOW INCREASING OF QUALITY OF POPULATION LIFE, HAVE BENEFITS FROM ADVANTAGES AVAILABLE AND MEET ALL GLOBAL CHALLENGES:
- Energy safety and reserving; Use of transit and exporting potential;
- Use of RES potential (wind power station, solar power plant, mini-hydro power plants, etc);
- Full cover of Republic of Kazakhstan territory – a solution of a problem of remoteness of fuel and power resources (further FPR) and generating sources from industry and population;
- Optimization of energy structure taking into account of FRP reserves available; Ecological compatibility of energy, energy efficiency, energy saving; Innovation and scientific development;
- Increase of added value of Kazakhstan economy; Increase of role of the state in energy industry.
Establishment of KIPS will allow being integrated into the global Super Grid system of Europe, Russia and China, initiated by the World Energy Council (further WEC).
There is a tendency, in the world, to decrease cost of power from RES and simultaneously increase cost of power produced by traditional sources taking into account constantly growing prices for fuel. There is a necessity to implement measures to reduce load onto ecology.
In 2013 the Company has implemented a project in RES area – Construction of Kapshagay solar power plant of 2 MW capacity. Presently the Company implements a project – Construction of Ereymentau wind power plant of 45 MW capacity (1st priority).
IN A MEDIUM-TERM PLAN SAMRUK-ENERGY GROUP OF COMPANIES PLANS TO IMPLEMENT THE FOLLOWING PROJECTS IN THE GREEN ENERGY AREA:
- Construction of wind power plant (WPP) in Shelek corridor of 60 MW capacity with a prospect of expanding up to 300 MW, employment during operation – 12 persons, production of more than 180 mln kWh of energy per year;
- Use of straw in a process of production of power. Electrical power – 5-10 MW;
- Construction of WPP of the 2nd priority around Ereymentau city of 50 MW. Production of more than 150 mln kWh of energy per year, employment during construction – 60 people; during operation – 8 people;
- Construction of compensating Kerbulak Hydro Power Plant of 33 MW capacity. Production of power in amount of 245 mln kWh per year. Employment during construction – 550 people, during operation – 64 people.
Innovative activities in area of coal and gas generation
Within the framework of development of coal generation it is provided for application of the following clean coal technologies, that allow increasing of Efficiency Factor of power plant, reduce fuel consumption and specific emission of greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide) and harmful substances (ash, nitrogen oxides and sulfur):
- Increase of steam parameter in steam-power cycle, boilers with circulating boiling layer and other;
- Application of cogeneration – a combined generation of power and heat by means of construction of modern TPP (Thermal Power Plant) in locations, where proper heat loads exist;
- Implementation of modern methods of ash collecting and methods to decrease nitrogen oxides and sulfur emission levels;
- Utilization of bottom ash – usage in construction and road industry. ;
In gas generation area it is provided for application of gas-vapor cycle, which characterized by high efficiency factor and low level of emissions of carbon dioxide and harmful substances.
In area of coal generation the Company executes and plans to implement the following projects:
- Construction of the 3rd power block at Ekibastuz SDPS-2 of 636 MW capacity with higher parameter of vapor – temperature is 566°С and pressure of 24 MPa. Terms of implementation – Years 2010-2017.
- In Year 2013 a positive conclusion was issued by Gosexpertiza RSE (Republican State Enterprise) as to the Project’s design estimate documentation, so boiler’s metal structures and manufacturing of basic boiler and turbine equipment have been started, the following work was finished: arrangement of in-site and out-site water lines and sewage lines towards construction objects, dining room for 100 seats, concrete-mud room, hot-cold warehouse, customs warehouse, in-site railways.
- Construction of Balkhash TPP of 1,320 MW capacity with higher parameter of vapor and modern system of ash collecting and desulfurization. Terms of implementation – Years 2010-2018. In Year 2013 the design estimate documentation of the project was sent to Gosexpertiza RSE for approval.
- Set-up of electric precipitators at Ekibastuz SDPS-1.
- In 2013 electric precipitators at power blocks # 3 and #7 at Ekibastuz SDPS-1 have been put into operation. Thus, all 6 operating power blocks of SDPP-1are equipped with highly efficient modern electric precipitators.
Planned and long-range projects are – construction of modern CHPs in Semey and Kokshetau cities with combined generation of heat and power energy. With regard to construction of CHP-3 in Semey the development of Feasibility Study is finishing.
In area of gas generation the following projects are being implemented:
- Reconstruction and expansion of Almaty CHP-1 of AlPP JSC with transfer to a gas and set-up of GTU (gas-turbine unit) and waste heat recovery boiler. Terms of the project implementation – Years 2011-2016.
- Construction of GTPP (Gas Turbine Power Plant) on basis of Pridorozhnoye gas field. The project suggests development of gas field and production of gas in order to provide a power plant of 175.6 MW capacity planned for construction, with fuel. Terms of the project implementation – Years 2011-2019.
Innovative activities in area of transfer, distribution and sale of power
Within the framework of implementation of power supply projects for Asian games and Metropolitan and Park of Information Technologies Special Economic Zone in Almaty in 2011-2013 the AZC JSC put substations – Ermensay, Medeu, Shymbulak, KazGU, Alatau, Otrar, Toplivnaya, Novaya # 16 into operation. The substations were equipped with the advanced GIS technologies, microprocessor units of protection made by companies of international level – ABB, Siemens, etc. As well as, in the first time in Kazakhstan the AZC JSC started applying of composite conductors on the 110 kV lines.
For accurate recording and operative control of power consumed and transferred and in order to ensure access to data received to make calculations the MREC JSC has executed project on implementation of Automatic system for commercial accounting of power consumption (ASCAPC).
All together, these measures contribute into stage-by-stage implementation of highly integrated, intellectual system-forming and distribution mains of new generation (Smart Grid), dynamic controlling of power networks, increase of safety and cost saving.